While there are plenty of media platforms to get messages, stories and issues out there, it’s breaking through the grey noise of communications that makes the difference.
- Your media release competes with hundreds of other stories churning through newsrooms every day for space and time
- In print you have a few paragraphs if you’re lucky to get quoted and to get your point across
- In radio you will get around 10-15 seconds in a standard bulletin
- In television your grab will be around 10-15 seconds
- On your website – go for your life but you’re in the mix with the rest of the world!
- On twitter, well we all know that’s up to 140 characters and your content competes in the grey noise of twitter feeds
- Your blog is one of how many blogs out there on the same subject matter?
- On Facebook – open slather and so it goes on.
Press the Point can help your organisation to better understand its communication objectives and to develop a strategic approach to communications that maximises media traction while minimising any waste in time and effort.
You get the point, so…Don’t just make a point, PRESS the point.